Dr. P. THOLKAPPIAN,
Danalakshmi Srinivasan Agriculture College,
Perambalur - 621 212, Tamil Nadu.
|Ph.D.||Agricultural Microbiology||Annamalai University||1999||-|
|Professor and Head||From 01.04.2015 TO 31.03.2018|
|Professor||01.04.2006 to 31.03.2014 & Upto 30.06.2020|
|Reader||01.02.2001 to 31.3.2006|
|Lecturer (Senior Scale)||22.07.1996 to 31.1.2001|
|Lecturer||24.02.1993 to 21.07.1996|
|Assistant Professor||18.02.1988 to 23.02.1993|
|M. Phil. Scholars Guided||:||25|
|M. Sc. Students Guided||:||21|
|Research Papers published||:||25|
|Papers Presented in Conferences||:||37|
|Special Lectures Delivered||:||10|
1. Tholkappian, P. and M.Deiveekasundaram. 2006. P Utilization efficiency of mycorrhizal (Glomnsfasciculatum) pleanut in the coastal soils of Tamil Nadu. In: 18th World Congress of Soil Science, 9th – 15th July, 2006. Philadelphia, USA.
2.P. Tholkappian, R. Parthasarathi, P. Anna Joice and R.Elango. 2015.Biosurfactant process synthesis and stabilization of silver nanoparticles for modified preservation methods on common fermented foodspublished in the proceeding of 2nd Annual International Conference on Agriculture and Forestry 2015 at Colombo, Sri Lanka 10-12th June 2015.
3. P.Tholkappian, R.Parthasarathi and Nalini.S2015. Characterization and optimization of biosurfactant produced by BacilluscereusSNAU01 and theirapplication in hydrocarbon contaminants removal from soil in the proceeding of 2015 International Conference on Biological and Environmental Science (BIOES 2015), Phuket, Thailand, Oct 1-33,2015 pp:45-56.
4. P. Tholkappian,R.Parthasarathi1,R.Elango2 and R.T.S. Nandini.2016. AM fungi and Phosphobacteria inoculation on the Growth and Phyto chemical studies of Medicinal plant Datura metal (L.) in Ist International Conference on Applied Microbiology entitled Biotechnology and its Applications in the field of Sustainable Agriculture Development to be held in Agricultural Microbiology Research Department SWERI,ARC, Giza,Egypt from 1st to 3rd March 2016.
1. Tholkappian,P. 2007. Management of AM-Fungi in Peanut (Arachishypogaea L.). In: P.C. Trivedi (Ed.) Organic Farming and Mycorhizae in Agriculture. I.K. International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi. Pp.77-94.
2. Written a lesson on “Microbiology of Milk and Fermented Dairy Products” for P.G Diploma in Dairy Technology – 2005.
3. Written a Practical Manual of “Dairy Microbiology” for P.G Diploma in Dairy Technology – 2005.
Organised a National Conference on “Microbial Technology for Second Green Revolution” on March 28th& 29th 2007.
1. Faculty Member, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University from 19.10.1999 to 18.10.2002.
2. Member, Board of Studies in M.Sc. (Ag.) Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University from 06.03.2000 to 07.03.2003.
3. Member, Board of Studies in M.Sc. (Ag.) Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University from 06.03.2006 to 05.03.2009.
4. Faculty Member, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University from 04.02.2014 onwards.
5. Member, Board of Studies in M.Sc. (Ag.) Microbiology, Faculty of Agriculture, Annamalai University from 04.02.2014 onwards.
1. Served as Coordinator for I M.Sc. (Microbiology) 5 year int. programme, 2005 - 2006
2. Served as Ward Councilor for II B. Sc. (Ag.) Students, 2006
3. Served as Coordinator for I B.Sc. (Ag.), 2001-2002
4. Served as Convener, Parent’s Committee, NAAC visit, 2014.
5. Serving as Nodal Officer, Students Welfare Cell, from 14.10.2014 to till date
6. Serving as Nodal Officer, Equal Opportunity Cell, from 14.10.2014 to till date
1. Served as Treasurer, Agricultural Association, 1999
2. Served as Convener, Cultural Committee, Agricultural Association, 2002
3. Convener, Sporag, Agricultural Association, 2003.
4. Served as Member of Annathanam Committee, Lord Ayyappam Temple, Kumbabishagam on 29.01.2001.
5. Member, Rajah Muthiah Blood Donars Club